To mark the annual World Industrial Design Day (WIDD) on June 29, the Golden Pin Design Award has translated the World Design Organization (WDO) Code of Ethics. The Traditional Chinese translation aims to promote ethics in Huaren Design and advance the quality of design in the Chinese-speaking world.
"The following code provides an outline of ethical guidelines designed to advance the quality of the industrial design profession. The articles specified within this code should not be considered exclusive of one another, but rather should be applied in a consistent, holistic approach in the everyday practice of industrial design."
The code contains five articles;
1. Benefit the client — to promote fairness in the designer-client relationship;
2. Benefit the user — to voice recognition of design’s influence on societal issues;
3. Protect the earth’s ecosystem — to safeguard the environment through design;
4. Enrich cultural identity — to represent cultural difference in design thinking;
5. Benefit the profession — to build agency and fair competition among the design community.
Click here to download the WDO Code of Ethics (Traditional Chinese): http://www.goldenpin.org.tw/en/pgpnyc.asp