GOLDEN PIN DESIGN AWARD
Design worthy of the world’s largest market
Celebrating innovative products and projects expressly created for the Chinese-speaking market.
Chinese-speaking consumers demand products and designs tailored to their needs and desires. Given the variety of economic classes, lifestyle choices, and business opportunities in Chinese-speaking countries, astute design is crucial if brands want to remain competitive. International and domestic companies selling products and undertaking design projects in this complex arena must couple an understanding of centuries of civilization with a keen sense of local trends.
The annual Golden Pin Design Award is the longest-running design award that celebrates products expressly created for the Chinese-speaking market. Participating individuals and companies are judged on their ability to innovate in this dynamic economy. As the gauge for leading design in Chinese-speaking communities, the Golden Pin Design Award offers entrants an unprecedented opportunity to prove their prowess in the world’s largest market.
The Golden Pin Design Award is an annual award that accepts entries from individuals or companies that are selling, manufacturing, or designing products or projects in a Chinese-speaking country or region.
There are four award categories:
1. Product Design
2. Communication Design
3. Spatial Design
4. Integration Design
Entered products and projects are assessed in three stages by an expert international jury. Second stage winners receive a Golden Pin Design Mark–an indicator of innovation that they can use to market their product or design project. Of these winners, just 20 - 25 receive a Best Design Award. All winners benefit from increased brand exposure through the public and media relations efforts of the Golden Pin team.
GOLDEN PIN CONCEPT DESIGN AWARD
The Golden Pin Concept Design Award is an international concept design award based in Taiwan. It is open to individual designers and companies of all experience levels around the world who hold society-changing ideas and are devoted to innovative design development. The award sits under the Golden Pin banner, an award group that aims to celebrate the concept of huaren design, or design created for and within Chinese-speaking communities. However, entrants do not need to be of Chinese descent, nor do they need to be located in a Chinese-speaking country, to enter the award. In fact, entries from international participants are strongly encouraged.
The Golden Pin Concept Design Award offers substantial benefits to entrants and winners, include:
• Free entry: The award is free to enter, and no additional expenses are incurred by participants at any stage of the award.
• Cash prize: A substantial cash prize is awarded to the three selected Best Design winners each year. Past winners have used this prize to make their concepts a reality, among other applications.
• Golden Pin trophy: Best of Golden Pin Concept Design Award winners are invited on stage at the December award ceremony in Taipei, Taiwan to receive their bespoke trophy designed by world-renowned Taiwanese glass art brand, LIULIGONGFANG.
• Certificate of Honor: Best of Golden Pin Concept Design Award winners receive signed certification of their win.
• Golden Pin Winners' Exhibition: Winners of the Golden Pin Concept Design Award and the Best of Golden Pin Concept Design Award have the opportunity to be selected for inclusion in the Golden Pin Winners' Exhibition held in the Taiwan Design Museum.
• Online Exhibition: Detailed information of the winning entries and their designers will be displayed on the official Golden Pin website.
• Promotion: The Golden Pin Concept Design Award has a dedicated bilingual press and marketing team, meaning winning works have the chance to be featured in publications across the globe, as well as online via the various Golden Pin social media channels.
• Design Mark: The winners of the Golden Pin Concept Design Award and the Best of Golden Pin Concept Design Award have the right to use the Golden Pin Concept Design Award logo on their marketing materials, both on- and off-line.
For more details on entry into the Golden Pin Concept Design Award, visit: http://www.goldenpin.org.tw/en/pgpnyg2.asp